covid-19 business resources
Official Government Covid-19 Information
Everything you need to know about Covid-19 in the one place.
Alert Level 2 guidelines
- Workplaces and Business - Alert Level 2 Guidelines and links are on their way.
- Operating Safely - What a business needs to think about when managing Health & Safety
- Workplace Operations - This guidance provides high-level details on what workplace activities are permitted at Alert Level 2.
- Cash flow loans and support - The Small business cash flow loan scheme (SBCS) will provide government loans for businesses to support their cash flow needs. Find out about eligibility and how to apply.
subsidies, wages, taxes & income support
- COVID-19 Wage Subsidy - Assistance by way of a wage subsidy or leave payment. Apply as an employer HERE, or as a self-employed worker HERE.
- Covid-19 Employer Support - Find out more on Wage Subsidy available to support employers affected by COVID-19.
- Common questions on support for employers during COVID-19 - Answers to some common questions about how the wage subsidy works with tax.
- Immigration New Zealand guidance - How COVID-19 affects you as an employer of migrants in New Zealand.
- Covid-19: What employers need to know (25 March 2020)
This resource was pulled together by Christchurch Employer's Chamber of Commerce.
- Employees rights to public holiday payments during lockdown (7 April 2020)
The Easter holidays are approaching. How do I pay employees correctly while under Covid Alert Level 4 lockdown. A resource by Christchurch Employer's Chamber of Commerce.
- Meeting your legal obligations as employers (as at 1 April 2020)
The primary objective of the COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme is to preserve employment relationships by assisting employers to meet their wage costs at a time when businesses have significantly reduced or, in some cases, zero income. Read more about your obligations as an employer. A resource by Christchurch Employer's Chamber of Commerce.
essential business guidelines
- Essential Businesses - What are essential businesses? Essential businesses, and those who support them, will continue to provide the necessities of life for everyone in New Zealand. See the latest detailed overview of essential businesses.
- Ministry of Primary Industries Covid-19 Resources Page - Find information about COVID-19 and the primary sector, including essential businesses operating through the Alert Level 4 lockdown.
- Register for safe practice for essential COVID-19 businesses - The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has set up a register for safe practice in the sector as New Zealand moves to National Alert Level 4 in response to COVID-19